SATURDAY 8 MARCH 2014
Reserve Day Sunday 9 March 2014
- Start: Butlers Green, Arrowtown
- Finish: Butlers Green, Arrowtown
- Race Day: Sat 8 March 2014
- Reserve Day: Sun 9 March 2014
- Entries Open: 1 July 2013 @ 9am
- Entries Close: 12 Feb 2014 @ 5pm
- Entry Transfers/Changes/Refunds Close: 12 Feb 2014 @ 5pm
- Pre-Race Registration: Fri 7 March 2014 5.30-8pm @ Butlers Green, Arrowtown
- Adult: $95
Race Day Timing
- Registration: 7.30-8.30am
- Briefing: 8.50am
- Race Start: 9am
- Cut off at Aid station: 12pm
- Prize Giving: 2-3pm
- Course Record Male: Gary Melhuish - 1:21:09
- Course Record Female: Louisa Andrew - 1:30:46
- Oldest Competitor: Max McDermid - 83
- Average Competitor Age: 42
- Average Walk time: 3:31:39
- Average Run time: 2:43:08
For further stats, click here
MOTATAPU 15KM MINERS TRAIL
The Miners Trail offers a taste of mountain running with fantastic views and loads of history.
The 15km course follows a spectacular loop from Arrowtown, ascending historic Tobin’s Track up onto the Crown Terrace before entering the magnificent Glencoe Station. The course sidles around near the base of Mt Beetham before climbing again, to access an old water-race and the original miner’s trail, which clings to the side of the New Chums Creek gorge. Passing the ruins of a miners cottage, the course reaches a high point above Brackens Gully, some 640 metres above the race start, where outstanding views open up to the Crown Range. The course then maintains altitude through grass and tussock to reveal a new and expansive outlook over the Wakatipu basin to the Remarkables.
Following a steep descent to the Arrow River, competitors join the final stage of the traditional Motatapu Mountain Bike and Marathon course with multiple river crossings leading to the Arrowtown finish-line.
Walkers are welcome!