SATURDAY 8 MARCH 2014
Reserve Day Sunday 9 March 2014
Start and Finish
- Start: Glendhu Bay, Wanaka
- End: Butlers Green, Arrowtown
- Race Day: Sat 8 March 2014
- Reserve Day: Sun 9 March 2014
- Entries Open: 1 July 2013 @ 9am
- Entries Close: Feb 13, unless sold out earlier
- Entry Transfers/Changes/Refunds Close:
13 Feb 2013 @ 5pm
- Rego: Fri 7 March 2014 from 5.30pm, at either Arrowtown or Wanaka - click here for more details
- Adult Individual: $205
- Adult Team (2-3 people): $265
Race Day Timing
- Briefing: 9:30am
- Start: 9:45am
- Swim cut off: 11:05am
- MTB cut-off at Aid Station 2 (on MTB course): 3pm (Approx 23km to get to the finish line)
- Cut-Off at T2: 3:15pm
- Prize Giving: Approximately 4:45pm
- Male: Braden Currie 3:48:05
- Female: Nicky Samuels 4:21:16
For further records & interesting stats, Click here
XTERRA MOTATAPU UDC TRIATHLON
The XTERRA Motatapu UDC Triathlon is a half Ironman distance event that rekindles the pioneer spirit of triathlon by using the lay of the land to determine the course.
Consisting of a 2km Swim in Glendhu Bay, Lake Wanaka, 47km Mountain Bike and a 15km Mountain Run over the historic Miners Trail course. This is a demanding course while providing breathtaking scenery along the way.
Up for grabs will be limited age group qualifying spots plus Pro spots to the XTERRA World Championships held in Hawaii - what more motivation do you need?!
If you want a new challenge, this is for you!
"This is the kind of race we need to put on in New Zealand. It is the real stuff. That run is awesome; I think the run is heaps better than the marathon. It's got everything: roads, tracks, down hills, grass, and river crossings. Central Otago high country - it can't get any better." - Axel Reiser (2011 winner).